I'm getting good at self-indulgent weekends. I guess this is the upside to not having a boyfriend, or a kid, or a pet, or even a plant...I was home early on Friday night after a work function/happy hour and a few margaritas with friends at La Barca on Lombard. It seemed like a good idea at the time to walk home from La Barca in my high heeled boots, you know, to save some cash on a taxi. This was probably about 1.25 or 1.5 miles. As much as my feet were somewhat annoyed at me, it was nice to walk off the drinks while I chatted with a friend. In bed by 11pm, I slept in until 8:45am on Saturday morning. I was out of the house by 9:30 and, other than a 30 minute lunch break and to drop off my groceries, I wasn't back home until 12 hours later.
For anyone who is interested, and other than my parents and maybe a few curious friends, I'm not sure who you are, this is what my day consisted of: Errands (post office, good will drop-off, Farmer's Market, and pick up dry cleaning), Lunch at home, French class for 3 hours in the afternoon, selling back used books and buying new (to me) books at Green Apple, picking up some Ciroc vodka from BevMo for my friend in the UK, buying a few clothing items at Mervyn's, and then going to church at the 7pm service at Cornerstone. Home at nearly 9pm, I whipped up a quick dinner of New Zealand Blue Nose fish with dill and garlic olive oil, steamed zucchini and bell peppers with shaved parmesan, and for dessert, fresh strawberries drizzled with honey. Oh yeah, and sipping some Lulu B. Pinot Noir along the way, which I would highly recommend for the price of under $10. I thought it was a bit tart at first, but it mellowed out quickly, and went with my entire meal, and continues to sip well on its own.
This is a good segue to mention that I'm going wine tasting tomorrow in Calistoga for a special event at 6 different small wineries. I haven't heard of any of them before, but after looking at their web sites, I'm intrigued. Also, since I'm the designated driver, I stand a chance to get the most out of it, as I'll be spitting out most of what I taste. I have my wine tasting notebook packed and an empty wine case in the back of my trunk - ready to go! Speaking of which, I should get to bed. We have a relavitely early start, for a Sunday morning., We are leaving the city around 10am, since the event is from 11-4pm. I will post about the event when I return!
Saturday, May 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment