Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rain, rain, go away...

Up until today, I've been a good sport about the weather here in Northern California. And for those of you who may not have heard, it's been raining...nonstop. We're talking Seattle-style rain. It's just relentless, day after day since, oh...March 1? I'm no longer amused.

For weeks I've been positive about it, assuring people around me "hey, this is as bad as it gets" but even I don't believe myself anymore. Houses are sliding off hillsides (which I don't have too much sympathy for to begin with; I mean, really, this happens every year in California - stop buying/building on hillsides!). My commute is exhausting, either because of traffic, bad drivers in the rain, or both. Today coming off the freeway my car fishtailed when turning right at a red light, and I wasn't even going fast. We also can't take advantage of the long-awaited daylight savings change because even if the sun hasn't set when I get home, I can't go runinng when it's this cold and wet.

I know the saying, April showers bring May flowers. I just hope that it's true this year, and that we have nice weather for all the May events - BBQs, KFOG Kaboom, Bay to Breakers, and Memorial Day weekend.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Oh yeah, and my coworker got a ticket this morning in SF for driving too long in the bus lane. I recognize that this is not directly connected to the rain, but somehow it's easy to blame...