Monday, April 24, 2006

Overheard around town...

In the OC over Easter weekend I heard the following conversation between 3 well-preserved and well-decorated middle aged women: "You've NEVER had an affair?! Oh honey, you don't know what you are missing. Why haven't you ?!" and then they proceeded to advise the other woman about which age, ethnicity, etc are appropriate for affairs...

In Santa Cruz yesterday, as I walked down the street in my appropriate-to-Noe-Valley-style outfit (see previous post about "kids these days"), one of the scrungy hippies sitting on the sidewalk called me a MILF (!) And he said it twice, so I know I heard him right, despite my ignorance the first time when I thought, "I'm drinking hot chocolate, not milk". I was tempted to confront his suspicion that I actually had kids of my own, but I thought better of it.

And then, in the Crow's Nest restaurant bar last night, I ordered a beer and got carded. Then at the table I ordered a glass of wine and got carded again. Don't they know I'm an adult, gosh darn it!

Such a bizarre world.

1 comment:

Frank Bresz said...

Perhaps you should keep a scrungie kid nearby to vouch for your age ;-)