Friday, April 23, 2010

Boston visit

I ended up just coming to Boston this week and preemptively canceling the London portion of my itinerary. With the Iceland volcano disruption to all the European flights, I thought that making my Thursday flight to London was less than 50% likely. Unfortunately, I had to make a call one way or another on Sunday, because once I traveled to Boston on Monday morning, my trip would be in progress. I could be either stranded in Boston, or I would just have to return to SF and lose my miles for the international portion. So, I got a full refund on my SFO-BOS-LHR-SFO itinerary, and rebooked myself on just a Boston trip for the week.

I have had a great week with Brea. On Tuesday we took a day long road trip around the Cape, going all the way to Provincetown on the tip and climbing to the top of the Pilgrim Monument. Here is a view from the top.


On Tuesday night back in Boston, we checked out Posto, a new wine bar and restaurant in Somerville. They have a great selection of wine flights and wines by the glass with a casual vibe. Wednesday was a day of running around the Charles River, getting manicures, and shopping at MAC and Old Navy. All before going to my first Red Sox game that night!

Brea, Nathan, Ginger and I all went to the Red Sox vs. Rangers game where the Red Sox won it in the bottom of the 12th. The game was complete with a Grand Slam! Here are a few photos.


The rest of the week I relaxed until my Saturday evening flight back to San Francisco. Back to reality...

1 comment:

Tim said...

Welcome to Red Sox Nation!