Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Oz-Bound

My good friends Brett and Michelle moved to Sydney, Australia this past December. They both have permanent jobs there and visas, and my guess is that they will probably stay there between 2-4 years. So, how could I pass up an opportunity to go visit them?

I have booked my flights to spent about 2.5 weeks there in late November/early December. I leave on Wednesday night, November 17th, and arrive two days later on Friday morning in Sydney. Only one night in Sydney and then we all leave together for Perth, in Western Australia (WA), a 4.5 hour flight across another 2,500 miles. We plan to spend a full week, plus both weekends, exploring WA, which is a state the size of Texas and Alaska put together. Needless to say, we will have to choose wisely where we go. My only requirement is that we go wine tasting in Margaret River!

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving together that week in WA, and then back to Sydney for another full week of sightseeing for me. I have only been to Melbourne, not Sydney, so I am looking forward to checking out the city, and any logical day or nearby over night trips. Brett and Michelle have a bay-facing apartment with patio in Manly, a suburb of Sydney, so I can see myself being quite content to watch the sunsets with a glass of wine and some BBQ for several nights! The weather that time of year is just edging into summer, with averages Lows/Highs of 63/77. Should be nice!

When they started to plan their move out there, I promised them I would visit. And I will be there to (nearly) commemorate their one year anniversary abroad!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Really looking forward to your visit! :)

lac_14 said...

Hmm I wanna come! Is there good surfing in WA?