Friday, January 22, 2010

Have you ever just not quite made it to the gym?

After suffering through a cold the past week, today I mustered up the energy to go to a yoga class at one of the gyms I belong to. I got changed, grabbed my grocery list for shopping afterward, and took two buses trying to make the 11:30am class. I didn't get down to the right block in North Beach until 11:35 though, and it was pouring rain, and there was a Cost Plus nearby....I couldn't resist. Yes, instead of working out I went shopping!

I came out of Cost Plus with 4 bottles of wine, a new towel set, and 8 champagne flutes, along with a few other kitchen utensils, and then went to Safeway to stock up on some great club card bargains before catching a cab home. I was so laden down with bags that I did not have the energy to take buses/walk. My cab driver was so friendly though; he even carried my bags up to my 2nd floor apartment for me!

And then, I get home, look at the gym schedule, and the yoga class is on Saturday, NOT Fridays. Eek. All for the best then!!! (Maybe I should go to the class tomorrow.....)

2 comments:

Brett said...

funny how it all worked out in the end...and nice to be able to do friday afternoon classes. working from home is a glorious thing.

Kate said...

Been there! 8 champagne flutes?...when can we break 'em in? :) K