Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A pretty darn good 24 hours

The last 24 hours have been pretty fantastic. First, I moved into my sublet and gosh it is nice to have my own space and not being living with parents and crashing with friends! I am renting a studio apartment from a friend of a friend located at Market at Polk/10th (near Civic Center and SF City Hall).

The neighborhood is a bit dodgy at night, but I will be sure to spring for cabs to drop me off at the door when coming home. It is only two blocks form BART where I can easily commute into my workspace at California and Market near the Ferry Building. And, it is roomy and a place to call home for nearly a month. I can also see USF and the top of the Golden Gate Bridge from the balcony, as the apt is on the 20th floor. To settle in, I watched several Season 1 Big Bang Theory episodes (thanks Victoria!).

This morning,I was up at 6am for a 7am gym class at BurnSF over in the Mission with my friend Kate. The class was hard, even more so because I am still sore from yoga on Monday. It was a serious of weights and cardio training and I loved it. I hope to continue to go with Kate in the coming weeks. Although, I did come home and manage to sleep hard for two more hours. I guess 5 hours of initial sleep and a tough workout is a bit much for me!

This afternoon, I was working away when through a series of emails I realized that one of my clients was actually in SF attending the Oracle conference. After a dozen text messages later, we arranged to meet up for dinner and he got me an extra pass to attend the appreciation event this evening. I took him for dinner at the 21st Amendment, a great microbrewery here in the city. He thoroughly enjoyed the beer sampler while I downed a few IPAs and we had a light dinner + dessert. Then we headed out to the main event, on Treasure Island.

Treasure Island is that random bit of land nearly halfway across the Bay Bridge. I have never been on it before, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. The event was, get this, Aerosmith in concert! Yes, Aerosmith playing live to about 30,000 conference attendees. Not only did I score my free entrance, but I was able to sneak into a VIP booth and have premium seating and free Anchor Steam. I gotta say, it was pretty awesome watching such a classic 80s rock band play against the backdrop of the San Francisco Bay and the Bay Bridge.

SF life is coming along nicely....

1 comment:

Brett said...

Welcome home to the promised land...