Friday, April 10, 2009

April Friends and Family Time

I spent the last week in Northern California enjoying family time with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Sacramento and catching up with Liz, Brian, their daughter Adriana, and my friend Sean in Mountain View. Last weekend was beautiful weather (and freakishly warm) so I celebrated spring by going for runs or walks every morning and laying out by the pool or sitting on the patio in the afternoons. It was fun to spend time with everyone, but particularly to see my cousin’s children, Kate (6) and Lucy (4). They are so much fun and developing such different personalities. I taught them how to have a staring contest, have a thumb war, and they reminded me how to play Uno.

In Mountain View, I was able to spend a few days with Liz and her daughter Adriana. Adriana is a sweet little girl and it’s fun to watch her grow up, especially since I follow her monthly progress via blog. We also drove up to Berkeley to have lunch with another college friend, Jeff. It’s great how friendships can continue, despite time and distance, and I am so grateful for all my Bay Area friends who I still keep in touch with.

This weekend is Easter with the fam in Irvine, and then next week will be particularly fun as I revisit San Francisco. I am spending a full 9 days in SF and already the calendar is booking up! I will definitely take photos (something I sort of forgot to do this past weekend) and I look forward to seeing everyone on my home turf!

1 comment:

Josh said...

The girls had a great time and never challenge Kate in Uno you will lose. Also, Lucy and thumb wars are a match made in heaven.