Remember the days when chat rooms started to become popular, especially with specialised topics and support groups? Sober topics like 'Those who have lost someone to cancer' and more frivilous ones like 'I swallow my gum too!' (ok, that one isn't real, but I would probably be the founding member). The revelation was that even when you might feel alone amongst a world of 6 billion other strangers, there are always people going through the exact same thing as you. And not only that, you can connect with them and share experiences.
Well even though I don't have the time to read more than one or two wine blogs on a regular basis, I love that I can click on any one of the 50 or more blog links from vinography.com and get a glimpse into other people's lives - people who work in the wine industry, or who like me, find wine to be an inescapable interest and hobby. For many, wine-related entries are intertwined with their personal lives; for others it's a more structured semi-professional channel for reviewing wines or providing news from the wine world.
And along those lines, I've decided to join the ranks and solely dedicate a blog of my own to wine-related topics. For now, I don't have a plan much more than that, but it will launch in the new year, and we will see what I make of it. It will start with my wine musings, updates on my wine tastings, and possibly reviews of wine. The point is to focus the topic, and separate it a bit from my personal rants and stories. I will still continue to update this blog; the link for the wine blog will be on the sidebar. If anyone has ideas of what they'd be interested in seeing from me, please let me know!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment