In just a few days, I am moving...again. I have been in London not even one year, and I am already moving into my third flat. You could call it being non-committal or even flippant, but I just haven't found the right flat and/or flatmate, and I'm not going to settle until I feel it's right.
I started out in Clapham, the Southwest London borough filled with young (white) professionals and families amidst a large park, nice bars and restaurants within a stone's throw and a wonderful hybrid of suburb and city. After four months of living with an absentee flatmate in a not very homey flat, I moved to West Hampstead in Northwest London, the home to Hampstead Heath, and stars like Emma Thompson (this is an unsubstantiated claim other than Wikipedia). West Hampstead is nice, with larger trees and more of an established feel than Clapham, but the High Street is a bit rubbish, and the main draw is the close commute to Soho (20 minutes). Next stop....back to Southwest, as in farther South AND West than Clapham. I'm moving to Wimbledon.
So as of this weekend, these are the residences I've had in London. The new place is more spacious that West Hampstead, better laid out than Clapham, and cheaper than either of them. Win-win all around! Visitors are still welcome!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck! Keep us on the "I've moved and here's my new snail-mail addy" email list...and can't wait to see you here & intro you to Deven in a few weeks! :) K
Post a Comment