Sunday, April 01, 2007

How to avoid paying for shipping

I read about a Pinot Noir I just 'had to have' so I used this site to find where to buy it. The one location that I found was a store called Brix wines in Huntington Beach, CA, so I ordered two bottles online, as well as a Beaux Freres Belles Soeur Pinot Noir (co-owned by world famous wine taster Robert Parker and his brother-in-law). My parents just picked up the wine for me on Saturday and my mom wrote:

"Your 3 bottles are stored in the bottom of the "red wine" refrig and tagged "Don't Use- Christie's 3-31-07" The owner of the very small mom-and-pop type wine shop/bar in Sunset Beach was very impressed with an order from London. He said "Wow, I've gone international!" He was amazed about your Baker Lane selection, that anyone in London would be aware of it. Anyway he seemed to enjoy the whole transaction. It took us quite a little while to get up there on a Saturday, but it was okay- we went out to lunch in Newport Beach on our way home."

Safely stored in one of my parents' wine fridges, now I just have to choose how long to store them and whether to bring them back to London at some point, or just enjoy when I'm back in California. It's a good problem to have.

No comments: