Saturday, March 04, 2006

Prom!

I'm going to the Prom! Well, sort of. My company is having their annual local office party, and they do it big. Every year it's at City Hall in San Francisco, which is a beautiful building, there are a few thousand people, excellent food, open bar, and it's a formal. I'm even re-wearing one of my high school dance dresses (and NO, it does not have poofy sleeves - I'm not that old...).

Post-prom update: The event was awesome! Beautiful venue, and bars at every turn. And my coworkers sure do spruce up all right! We had a cocktail pre-party at Kate and Yogesh's house, and then all carpooled over to City Hall around 8pm. After shmoozing with coworkers, the group loosely stuck together, reconvening on the dance floor for some groovin' and good times. I took a dessert break to drink from the chocolate fountain. And yes, I'm being literal. There was a chocolate fountain with various dipping items, but I only had eyes for the marshamellows.

The bar shut down at 11:30, and the music stopped close to midnight, so we headed out thinking it was a good idea to stay out. Fortunately, we just ended up at Mel's Diner and not another bar. I was home by 2:30am (a bit later than my curfew was when I actually went to proms...) and had a great night! I am DEFINITELY going again next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heehee... christie, i actually went to senior prom at city hall! lowell high here in sf had their senior prom at city hall back in 2000. my high school (mercy) had prom at the exploratorium, which was quite cool too :) city hall is definitely an amazingly elegant place to have an event, but the acoustics are a little choppy. (maybe they've found a way around that since then?) have a great time!