Thursday, March 16, 2006

The opposite problem

You know how everyone jokes about the "missing sock"? Well, I have a somewhat opposite problem. No, not a third sock (that would be a neat trick though). Mainly, I just have socks that I've had forever! I realized this the other day while doing laundry and putting away pairs of socks I've had since high school. I chatted online with Eleeza about it, and the conversation started off like this:

Christie: random question - do you ever buy socks?
Eleeza: haha. VERY random. but yes, i do
most my socks tho come from my mom who thinks it's hilarious to fill me and my sister's xmas stocking each year with socks.
Christie: I ask because I was looking through my sock drawer, and seriously, other than 4 pairs of very specific black socks I bought for shoes I wore in India and about 6 pairs of workout socks, I literally have not bought socks since...high school, which I think is bizarre
Eleeza: dude. that IS bizarre.

I think the problem is that I don't wear socks every day (what with the nylons and heels outfit for work), but still...you would think they would wear out, I'd lose them, I don't know - something! I even have a few pairs of beige/tan socks that I haven't worn forever (and yet they never made it to goodwill) and they now match a new pair of sporty reeboks I just bought. I repeat, I have SOCKS that I have kept long enough for them to go out of style and come back in again. SOCKS, people. This is not right. And yet, I am too much of a conservationist of sorts to throw them away and start from scratch.

As Eleeza ended the conversation with: "you're an odd bird." Yes, yes, I know. I just need to find someone who thinks that these aspects of me are endearing and/or tolerable, such as my need to eat the lemon and lime wedges that come with cocktails and Mexican food as garnish.

3 comments:

eva said...

Do you fish out the lime wedge that comes with your Corona or do you eat it rather than squeeze it into the bottle? I repeat: you are a VERY odd bird, my friend. But that's what I like about you. :)

Kate said...

Eva's right...you eat those? I can see the lime after the tequila shot. So do you eat the parsley and mint garnishes, too? :-)

Christie said...

First of all...no Tequila shots...ever. Second, with the Corona I'll usually squeeze it and leave it in, and then grab another wedge to chew on. Third, it's not like I have a garnish fetish. I don't eat everything! It's just a thing I have for limes and lemons. So, if I squeeze out lemon juice for a salad dressing or something, I'll usually eat the remains. Ok, yeah, I know I'm strange... :)