Finish that song!!! Any bar that succeeds Jon Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" with Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back" is completely awesome. That bar would be Swig on Geary and Jones. That's where I ended my Friday night just past midnight this weekend, unashamedly belting out all the lyrics I knew, or could somewhat pretend to know. Good times.
I started my weekend with dinner at the Slanted Door in the Ferry Building with coworkers. I've been meaning to eat there for years. (I can't believe I'm finally old enough to say stuff like that, but seriously, it's been 5 years that I've wanted to try that place out since they were open in the Mission District). The food was fantastic, as were the drinks, and the company. We had a small group (about 10), but entertaining nevertheless.
Afterwards, a few of us continued the night with drinks at the Redwood Room in the Clift and then on down to Swig. I was on water by the time we were doing impromptu karaoke, but we decided to stay as long as the music was good, which was until exactly 12:06, and then we bailed.
I've also had company over for dinner the last few nights, so it's been a busy week so far. I'm trying to make the most out of being local and it's been somewhat tiring, but in a complete new and okay way. I can do errands on weeknights - hooray! I can start my weekends at 6pm on Fridays - double hooray! Maybe this is normal for the rest of you folks, but hey, this is a luxury for me and I'm lovin' it (not McDonald's style though).
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You should try Market Bar in the Ferry Building, too. It doesn't look as sleek as The Slanted Door (and the name isn't as cool), but the food was really good, and they go for all the sustainability stuff, too. It's sort of Mediterranian food (which I prefer to most Asian food, which is why we ended up there).
Great recommendation! Since my home office building is right across the street, I'm sure I'll end up there for a post-happy hour dinner at some point. It's now on the list!
God I love Bon Jovi. Well done!
Post a Comment