I was able to spend this weekend in New York visiting with my city-based friends, and despite the freakishly hot, then rainy, then cloudy weather, enjoy my time here. I ended up spending time in Midtown, Nolita, Soho, Upper East Side, Lower East Side, and Central Park. Having not been to NY for nearly two years, it was a nice change to reacquaint myself with the city.
A few highlights from the weekend:
Dinner and drinks at The Stanton Social in the Lower East Side with my friend Erik. Food was fantastic, as was the bottle of Alsatian Sylvaner. We also tried to check out some live music at a nearby bar, but the group was just so-so.
Drinks at Sweet and Vicious for Kassaundra's going away to Chicago get-together. We were at an outdoor patio and it was in the 80s/90s at night.
Meeting up last minute with Aydin at MercBar in Soho. He's a man of leisure at the moment, but it's hard to catch him stateside to catch up!
Going to the McQueen exhibit at the Met with Samidha (my SF friend who I haven't seen in months, but we both happened to by in NY this weekend)
Lunch with Samidha at Nougatine at Jean Georges
When we asked about the difference between the Rieslings, the bartender gave us a flight tasting!
A lovely meal at Cafe d'Alsace of apple and curry moules frites
The other non-photgenic highlights were sleeping 12 hours on Saturday night - Sunday afternoon, going for a run through Central Park, doing some shopping in Midtown, and having a wonderful apartment in the Upper East side to stay in courtesy of Erik and Sarah while they were in Rhode Island. I love visiting New York, although my credit card says it's time to go. Back to my less metropolitan travels...

1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your insights. I enjoy reading articles like yours for tips on where to eat and what to see whenever I get the chance to travel.
Post a Comment