The day after I returned from London at the end of September was my 31st birthday. Ben took the day off work to spend time with me, and it was a beautiful day in San Francisco, so we drove across the GG Bridge to Sausalito for lunch and ice cream to enjoy the sunshine.
Ben enjoying his convertible
In the evening, I celebrated with a good-sized group of friends for a weeknight celebration at the La Folie Lounge on Polk Street. We had fantastic cocktails, sparkling wine and one of my friends got me a carrot cake with a candle to blow out.
Ben and I
Me, Bernard (High School friend), and Kate
After a lovely evening with my friends on my actual birthday, I flew down to Orange County for the weekend to belatedly celebrate it with my dad. For those of you who don't know, my dad and I actually share the same birthday! And this year was his 60th. So, despite him entering a more senior decade, we thought it appropriate to celebrate it somewhere where he could be a big kid: Disneyland!
We all got soaked in the first hour of the day on the grizzly mountain water ride at California Adventure, so the day was off to an interesting start. But, the rest of the day, with relaxed meals and nostalgic rides at the original Disneyland, were a fun family outing for all of us. We even got tickets to see the water show at California Adventure.
Thunder Mountain - last ride of the night
The following day, we had a family birthday dinner at my grandmother's house as well. Birthday celebration = success!
Dad and I :)

No comments:
Post a Comment