I had a great three-day weekend even though I didn't manage to get out of the city as I had originally hoped. Fairly last minute, Ben found out that his younger sister was going to fly through SF for just over 24 hours on her way back home from 6 months traveling in South America. We took her out to lunch for tacos, laying out in the sun in the Marina, and then out to the Elbo Room on Saturday night for a samba/Brazilian type live music group.
On Sunday, Ben and I had tickets to the Giants game with his coworkers, and it was a perfect day for it. Warm enough that I never got cold(!), and yet we were in the shade near the first base line so had a great view and no sunburn. Giants won in the 10th inning against the AZ Diamondbacks so it was also a fun game to watch.
After the game, we went to a housewarming BBQ at Tammy and Jamie's place (I used to live with them in the Presidio years ago, and they finally moved out! Now they are a few blocks away from me).
On Monday, we slept in, enjoyed lunch at an outdoor cafe on Polk Street, and spent the afternoon doing errands and enjoying the sunshine until it was time to cook up dinner, a new meatball recipe that came out really well, especially when served with extra garlicky garlic bread!
Now it's June, and not only is it a new chapter of the year as we kick off summer, but it's also my "first" day of work! As of today, I am a permanent employee of Stach & Liu, the consulting firm I have been contracting through the past 6 months. Not much will really change, except the addition of benefits and more work ;) but it is an exciting new chapter of my life back in the States!
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
congrats on your "new" job! Back to working for the man...
Congratulations on your new job. I enjoy reading about your around the world adventures.
A bit about myself:
I lived abroad in the UK for several months. It was an amazing experience and I learned so much. Love to travel when I can.
The summer is beginning and I hope the weather will warm up soon.
Please feel free to read my blog (s).
Post a Comment