Sunday, June 28, 2009

Spain Holiday - It begins!

My friend Lisa from San Francisco has flown out to Europe to vacation with me in Spain for the next three weeks. She met up with me in London so I had a chance to show her one of my favourite wine bars and my new home in the country, and on Saturday we were off to Barcelona! We were booked on different airlines, so our flight times were slightly askew, resulting in me having about 2 hours to kill in Gatwick Airport - dangerous! I ended up having a burger and a beer at a pub, buying two tank tops and two necklaces from Next, Suntan lotion (buy one, get one free) at Boots, and a few magazines.

Over the next two weeks, our itinerary is to spend a few days in each of the following locations:
  • Barcelona
  • Mallorca
  • Valencia
  • Granada
  • Marbella (I have heard it compared to the St. Tropez of the Costa del Sol!)
  • Sevilla
We are leaving our third week open for the moment, We may fly to France or Italy for a few days of wine tasting or braving the crowds in Rome (it‘s high on my to-see list), or revisit one of the Balearic Islands (Ibiza?), or just stay in Marbella longer. And depending on how I am feeling, I may even stay on a few more days if I don’t have a pressing reason to return to London.

My backpack is full of the necessities for a beach holiday, with room to collect a few purchases along the way, and we have a few fun accessories like a chiller bag that has mini speakers with a plug/battery pack to play music from an iPod! I only have one pair of pants and one lightweight sweater, but with highs in the 80s/90s and lows only down to 68 or 69 degrees at night, I am not worried. Bring on summer!

1 comment:

eva said...

We spent a family Christmas in Marbella a few years ago. It was indeed fabulous. Probably would've been more fabulous had it been June/July and not December, but still very beautiful!