I fly out to Boston on Saturday to spend a week helping Brea get ready for her wedding on Monday 25 May. After the wedding, I will go to Washington, D.C. to see friends for a long weekend before coming back to the UK. I am really looking forward to this trip. I don't have a job/project/client demanding things from me, I have the time and financial freedom to spend this time in Boston, but alas, I am currently not very healthy!
I just came down with a pretty bad cold on Wednesday, so I left the wine fair early, went to my London office to do all the job search-related work I had earmarked for Friday, and came home for an early night in bed. I slept in on Thursday, but went into London for a pre-booked seminar (Job Search Strategies) and then to dinner and drinks with a friend to talk about a potential employer. All drugged up, I managed to get through Thursday, but today has been a different story. I slept 9 hours last night and still took a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon. It's 9:30pm now and all I want to do is go to bed, but I still have to pack.
I don't feel very organised. I mean, I won't forget the basics - makeup, toiletries, wedding present, camera, passport, etc. But looking at the piles of clothes on my bed, I am just a little stumped at what to bring! Oh well, I don't have that many clothes at the moment, so I will bring my standard outfits and I am sure it will all be fine!
Here's to getting better fast, and most importantly, not getting the bride sick!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
swine flu?
feel better soon! xoxo k
Post a Comment