In the last 24 hours, I learned that my pre-LOA vacation payout was more money than expected (good!), but that New Zealand Immigration won't grant me a working holiday visa (boo!) because I don't normally reside in the U.S. [I can still visit next year on a regular holiday visa, no problem].
I also volunteered to take a flight on Wed AM instead of Tues PM for my first leg to Costa Rica for a $200 voucher which I didn't get (boo!) but I then had the opportunity in Houston to delay my second leg for a $400 voucher, which I got chosen for (yay!).
So here I am at Houston airport after only 3 hours sleep on last night's flight and an hour nap on the carpeted floor near the gate. I've just had a massive American lunch at Ruby's Diner - Mushroom Cheeseburger and Strawberry Milkshake - courtesy of Continental Airlines. I have 6 more hours to kill and then I'm actually off to Costa Rica on what is essentially a free ticket since my voucher is worth more than I paid for the flight in the first place! Things are going well so far!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good luck on your travels, all the best Aiden
Post a Comment