In the past three years, I have filled up all 17 stampable pages in my US Passport. I finally sent it away to get more pages inserted after the Portugal immigration police gave me trouble in April both entering and leaving the country for not having enough space for their precious little stamp.
It's free to get more pages in your US Passport, but you can only do it by mail. Reluctant to let my passport out of my sight, I wasn't too keen on having it disappear for 1 week+. I mailed it to the US Embassy in London the day I arrived back in the UK from the US in May, and surprisingly, they turned it around within 4 days. I wasn't able to pick it up until yesterday from the regional post office, but that's ok. It's safe and sound now....with 22 lonely pages that need to see the world!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL! I remember when I did that - and know exactly how you felt, how nerve-wracking it is waiting for the passport to return. Just wait until you get knocked-up like me and quit traveling (and have to get a new passport at ~ that time) - and then your passport is flat, and sleek, and has a funny new code-stamp-thingie and isn't wrinkled or fat. Sigh.
Ha. I recently did the same thing. I was quite impressed with the turnaround time, as well.
Post a Comment