Thursday, May 29, 2008

Highlights from May

Never mind all my whereabouts. You probably couldn’t keep track of me if you tried, but here are some highlights from the last month...

  • Spending time with cousins Lori, Dave and Alexis near Chicago and getting some actual sun!
  • Watching my mom graduate with her masters degree in Psychology!
  • Seeing my three grandparents
  • Flying up to San Francisco for a 24 hour visit with co-workers and friends and going around the San Francisco Bay on a 2 hour boat cruise
  • Going out to dinner at OneSixtyBlue in Chicago with a friend from elementary school, Lauren, and my friend from E&Y, Joe
  • Coming home to the UK and spending a day in my flat!
  • Vinnie visiting from Phoenix, AZ
  • Bank Holiday weekend in Cheshire (NW England) with Victoria and her parents - Conwy Castle in North Wales, a country walk near the village, Chester for a night out, and home cooked meals and tea delivered bedside in the morning by Victoria’s mum!
  • Home cooked Indian food at a co-workers house in Rugby this week (~20 minutes away from my current client site, and yes, it’s where the game of rugby was invented)

I’m in London the next two weekends before heading out to Greece for 10 days with Brea, but of course I’m starting to fill these up as well. This weekend, I’m cooking for John at his house on Friday night and going out in Covent Garden for a friend’s 30th on Saturday night. Next weekend I’m having dinner and drinks with Julia on Friday night, and most likely having a dinner party at my house on Saturday night.

In my little free time, I’m chipping away at a to-do list several pages long. Most of my personal admin has piled up over the last few months while I’ve been non-stop travelling, and I now have all sorts of things to do to prepare for my LOA. I’ve also realised that I only have 1 day of remaining holiday to use between the Greece trip and my LOA. That’s 3 months without a major vacation!!!

I’m starting to plan for summer weekends – dinner parties, wine tastings and weekend trips within the UK. In the meantime, I’m still waiting for some decent weather but I’m sceptical about this summer’s prospects. Nevertheless, if anyone will be visiting or passing through London, please let me know! I’m happy to host you if I’m here.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Here's hoping for sunshine (except when you're AT work), sistah'. Only 1 day left of PTO before the big break? Tragedy! :) K