Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Quite a year so far!

I've been back in the UK for a week and a half and my life here is in full swing. Christmas holidays seem ages away, but not necessarily in a bad way.

In my first week back, I went to the gym three times, I read almost the entire GMAT study book (now I need to do all the practice problems - the hard part!) and I have managed to eat all my meals made from scratch at home (except for just a few lunches at the office in the first week). I'm sticking to my January budget to make up for my Christmas spending, and I'm getting plenty of sleep. Well, except for the past two nights....but tonight I'm sitting at home watching TV and will go to bed early. I've launched my wine blog (see link to the right) and completed the preparation for this Saturday's wine tasting. I've booked my accommodation for Morocco at Easter and done further research on my two big holidays this year--Greece and Costa Rica. I've had dinner at a friend's house and gone out on a date. Oh, and one of my favourite achievements? After weighing myself every day since I've been back, I'm confident that I managed to not gain any weight over the holidays! Yes, you can all hate me now.

2 comments:

Frank Bresz said...

I'm out of breath just reading this. ;-)

Kate said...

Yes, I hate you. Not b/c you didn't gain any weight- but that you did it while still partying and eating like a normal person! I, on the other hand, snarfed down the chocolate-covered-candied-ginger-thingies you gave us, and have been rooting in my kitchen for more ever since. Hmm. :)
Study those GMAT books well! - K