I'm in denial that I'm moving. No regrets, no second thoughts, just denial. Every night I've come home this week, I've looked around my room, packed a box or two, shrugged my shoulders, and called someone to go out to dinner or drinks with. And now, tomorrow is moving day. Don't get me wrong - I've been planning, packing, and taking things to Good Will for nearly two months, but there are things left over that I'm just not motivated to do, which as most of you know, is very unChristie-like.
I've also moved up my moving schedule tomorrow to picking up the van at 8am instead of 5pm and loading it up at lunch time instead of after work. I'm taking the day off, and will spend the morning doing laundry, packing everything up, and trying my best to clean my room for my replacement who moves in on Sunday. If all goes well, I may also be selling my car tomorrow.
In the afternoon I'll drive to Santa Cruz, unload some major items for my brother and his wife, take them out to dinner, crash at their place, and continue on down to the OC on Saturday. When I told one of my friends that this will be my first time driving a moving van (thanks to Dad always helping out before) he hilariously asked "can you reach the peddles?" Well, we'll see. I'll be back in SF Sunday night, and staying with friends for two more weeks before returning to Irvine for a long weekend and doing final packing.
And for those of you not in the loop, my work permit is being processed, and I hope to receive it by the middle to end of next week. If I can submit my visa paperwork also by the end of the week, there is still a chance I can make my Sept 12 flight. But I'm not too hopeful. Maybe I am worrying too much, but when you have to buy the flight yourself, the idea of change fees and increased fares is not easy to stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aargh - good luck getting the work permit in time! How frustrating. I'd charge-in the change fare, too. Oh, and I'm in denial, too.
:-)
You can do it Christie! Almost there! I know it's a little different, but I know what you mean about the denial. Moving across the country was HARD. Still is...but once you're there you'll be in awe of how fast you got there. Good luck!
Post a Comment