Cordoba is definitely worth a stop if you are traveling through the area because La Mezquita, the Mosque converted to Catholic Church is truly beautiful. For me, it is a toss up between La Mezquita and the Alhambra in Granada, but I am really glad I saw both. Showing my restraint, here are just a few photos (the lighting was difficult):
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Spain - Cordoba and Malaga
Cordoba is a sleepy little town of cute side streets and a few lively squares, but mostly my impression of it now is that it is HOT. The daily high was 42 C (a scorching 107 F). Part of why I say Cordoba is "sleepy" is because they take their siestas seriously, and the town truly does shut down between 2pm - 8pm. I don't blame them - it is just too hot to function. But it also means I have to entertain myself indoors for those hours, and to be honest, I am getting a little bored with online/reading activities. (I will post separately about my restlessness).
Cordoba is definitely worth a stop if you are traveling through the area because La Mezquita, the Mosque converted to Catholic Church is truly beautiful. For me, it is a toss up between La Mezquita and the Alhambra in Granada, but I am really glad I saw both. Showing my restraint, here are just a few photos (the lighting was difficult):



I did go out with some other travelers on my last night. Check out my tan!
My last few nights I spent in Malaga, living on the cheap at a basic hostel in a room with 10 beds, going to the beach during the day, and of course, checking out the great summer sales. Back to the UK on Friday to figure out what to do with the rest of my life!
Cordoba is definitely worth a stop if you are traveling through the area because La Mezquita, the Mosque converted to Catholic Church is truly beautiful. For me, it is a toss up between La Mezquita and the Alhambra in Granada, but I am really glad I saw both. Showing my restraint, here are just a few photos (the lighting was difficult):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Agreed. I loved La Mezquita as well. But we were there in December, so there weren't too many problems with temperature. (except in the opposite direction with the mercury!)
I must say though that I found Alhambra more impressive. Especially early in the morning.
Post a Comment