I had a great weekend in Edinburgh despite the rain and dodgy accommodation. The company more than made up for it, and seeing yet another European city is always fun. I went with James and a bunch of his Aussie friends who all live over here in London. They had this trip planned for ages, but I conveniently got to be an add-on, so I didn't need to do much other than show up!
We took the train up to Edinburgh on Friday night , complete with picnic snacks and bottles of wine. On Saturday, after a leisurely breakfast, we did a three hour walking tour in the afternoon, I bought a rain coat on sale for £20, I also took a nap, and then we saw the Military Tattoo on Saturday night (best part: right in front of the castle; worst part: the American marching band that made fools of themselves and the cold, damp weather).
Sunday was basically breakfast and walking around Edinburgh Castle before taking the late afternoon train back to London. A quick and busy weekend overall, but really glad I went. Thanks to James for inviting me and to his friends for putting up with me! ;)
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment