Thursday, February 01, 2007

Heights of singledom

My single friends and I have all moaned about walking into [supermarket of choice] and having to order the single filet of salmon ['No, not that one, the smaller one over there....Yes, that one....but only half'] or buying the smallest size milk, orange juice, or what have you. But tonight, at Marks & Spencer, the UK king of prepackaged upscale food (like an entire store of premade food from Whole Foods or one of the nice Safeways), I bought ready-to-serve pasta, ready-to-serve salad, a single banana, a pint of milk, and then, I gave in..... I bought a single-serving of wine. Yes, M&S sells the airplane sized wines, and I am now the not-so-proud drinker of a miniature 2005 Cotes-du-Rhone.

The wine itself is not that bad, and it was only a few £ (I can't remember exactly). It's just kind of sad that right now I don't have a housemate or good friend to share a proper bottle with, but at least I'm limiting my intake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should come hang with your buds in NYC, I need some one to show me the wine-o Christie skillz.

lataz,

-Erik-